static plane

linger

static plane

Post by linger »

I'm having some trouble rendering an instance of static plane to the screen. I'm not using the DemoApplication class, but I am using the GLShapeDrawer class. The GLShapeDrawer is doing fine handling my kinematic shapes in the scene. However, its not rendering the ground plane even though the other shapes are interacting with this plane. The AABB for the plane are -1e30 for min and 1e30 for the max. I've looked through the ShapeDrawer code to figure out how it would be rendering the plane, and I believe that the ShapeDrawer registers the triangle callback for the plane shape and uses that to render. From the doxygen documentation, it looks like static plane hands the callback the triangles that should be rendered. Is there something specific in DemoApplication that I missed that is required to static plane to be rendered?
Erwin Coumans
Site Admin

Re: static plane

Post by Erwin Coumans »

There is no rendering for static planes. When objects collide with a static plane, triangles are generated on-the-fly. Bullet provides debug-rendering option to show these triangles, but not the infinite plane.

Erwin

linger wrote:I'm having some trouble rendering an instance of static plane to the screen. I'm not using the DemoApplication class, but I am using the GLShapeDrawer class. The GLShapeDrawer is doing fine handling my kinematic shapes in the scene. However, its not rendering the ground plane even though the other shapes are interacting with this plane. The AABB for the plane are -1e30 for min and 1e30 for the max. I've looked through the ShapeDrawer code to figure out how it would be rendering the plane, and I believe that the ShapeDrawer registers the triangle callback for the plane shape and uses that to render. From the doxygen documentation, it looks like static plane hands the callback the triangles that should be rendered. Is there something specific in DemoApplication that I missed that is required to static plane to be rendered?