How to load .blend files?

benlau

How to load .blend files?

Post by benlau »

hi,

I am reading documents for getting started with Bullet. However, I am quite confused with how Bullet integrate with Blender. Using Bullet inside Blender environment is fine, but how to load .blend by Bullet library? I can't find any functions to deal with it.

Can I develop a standalone application with Bullet which can use Blender's 3D object but not include Blender itself?

Thanks.
Erwin Coumans
Site Admin

Re: How to load .blend files?

Post by Erwin Coumans »

You can use COLLADA Physics export feature in Blender to export 3d objects, including some rigidbody/collision detection/constraint information. Bullet has a Collada importer (see ColladaDemo).

Alternatively, you can can check the OgreBullet demo by Charlie, it has .blend import. It is work in progress. See http://www.continuousphysics.com/Bullet ... 9&start=15

Erwin

benlau wrote:hi,

I am reading documents for getting started with Bullet. However, I am quite confused with how Bullet integrate with Blender. Using Bullet inside Blender environment is fine, but how to load .blend by Bullet library? I can't find any functions to deal with it.

Can I develop a standalone application with Bullet which can use Blender's 3D object but not include Blender itself?

Thanks.
Erwin Coumans
Site Admin

Re: How to load .blend files?

Post by Erwin Coumans »

You can use COLLADA Physics export feature in Blender to export 3d objects, including some rigidbody/collision detection/constraint information. Bullet has a Collada importer (see Bullet/Demos/ColladaDemo).

Alternatively, you can can check the OgreBullet demo by Charlie, it has .blend import. It is work in progress. See http://www.continuousphysics.com/Bullet ... 9&start=15

Erwin

benlau wrote:hi,

Thanks.