Iterator debuging fails in addTriangle()

Bastian von Halem

Iterator debuging fails in addTriangle()

Post by Bastian von Halem »

Hi, i switched from VC6 to VC8 recently, i made my own brandnew builds of Bullet 2.42b but when i first tried to run my program it made a debug break in std::_Container_base::Orphan_all() which comes from btTriangleMesh::addTriangle(). Im not into STL so i can hardly figure out more.

Until then everything was fine and all i do is adding triangles to the class. I dont use any iterator myself so i dont understand why debuging fails there.

Has someone managed to make a debug build from bullet 2.42b in VC8 without this error?
Erwin Coumans
Site Admin

Re: Iterator debuging fails in addTriangle()

Post by Erwin Coumans »

Hi,

VC8 should run all demos/samples out of the box.

Did you use the included VC8 projectfiles in Bullet/msvc/8 ?

STL has been replaced by 'btAlignedObjectArray' in that file, so I wonder what happened. Did you make sure to replace/upgrade/clean all files?

Thanks,
Erwin

Bastian von Halem wrote:Hi, i switched from VC6 to VC8 recently, i made my own brandnew builds of Bullet 2.42b but when i first tried to run my program it made a debug break in std::_Container_base::Orphan_all() which comes from btTriangleMesh::addTriangle(). Im not into STL so i can hardly figure out more.

Until then everything was fine and all i do is adding triangles to the class. I dont use any iterator myself so i dont understand why debuging fails there.

Has someone managed to make a debug build from bullet 2.42b in VC8 without this error?
Bastian von Halem

Post by Bastian von Halem »

Hi Erwin, thanks for the reply! You have pointed me to the problem - i've included the OLD include files (from 2.38 ) instead of the newer one for which i have build the libs. The debug error was misleading me.

Thanks for your help!!
Bastian