Materials

Sudi

Materials

Post by Sudi »

How do i make a rigidbody which only collides with certain parts of the dynamic world?
In my case these are the boundingboxes of my player. I'm using a sphere to keep him in the world and boxes for the certain bodyparts. But i don't want the bodyboxes to collide with the rest of the world....only with bullets....but the bullets should collide with the world but not with the player sphere.
Any ideas?
Erwin Coumans
Site Admin

Re: Materials

Post by Erwin Coumans »

Sudi wrote:How do i make a rigidbody which only collides with certain parts of the dynamic world?
In my case these are the boundingboxes of my player. I'm using a sphere to keep him in the world and boxes for the certain bodyparts. But i don't want the bodyboxes to collide with the rest of the world....only with bullets....but the bullets should collide with the world but not with the player sphere.
Any ideas?
Are you using Bullet? If so, please post in the Bullet forum.
For now I assume you are using Bullet, so I move your posting.

You can setup collision filter flags/groups to enable/disable collisions between groups of objects.

Not sure if this is already documented or available in a sample, it's on the todo.
Hope this helps,
Erwin
Sudi

Post by Sudi »

Yes i'm using bullet and thought that i posted in the right forum.

Anyways how do set these collision groups and filter flags? I can't find a demo on that
Sudi

Post by Sudi »

sry to bump but i really need to know how to prevent to bodies from colliding and interacting