Linux app integration

Trauma

Linux app integration

Post by Trauma »

Hi,

I need to integrate bullet into my project. I tried copying src and some jam files into my top folder (I am also a jam newbie) but now my other project files don't compile.
?What it is the best way to integrate bullet into apps? Please... help... :)
Erwin Coumans
Site Admin

Re: Linux app integration

Post by Erwin Coumans »

Trauma wrote:Hi,

I need to integrate bullet into my project. I tried copying src and some jam files into my top folder (I am also a jam newbie) but now my other project files don't compile.
?What it is the best way to integrate bullet into apps? Please... help... :)
You already have your buildsystem for the rest of the project, right?

Just use that, and don't bother about Bullet's various build systems. Only if you use Cmake, jam or msvc projectfiles you can re-use Bullet build-system.
Just copy the src folder, and add the files your your existing build system.

Hope this helps,
Erwin
Trauma

Post by Trauma »

Yes. I already have a jam buildsystem running, but when I try to incorporate the src folder (with Jamfiles) I need to incorporate the jam rules too, and other config files. And when I do, It changes target path and other things, and my prior buildsystem go to hell :(

The project is organized in the following folders (+):

+ bullet (prior src folder)
+ conf (proyect files)
+ jam (jam rules and actions from bullet)
|--- Jamconfig (jam file from bullet)
|--- Jamfile (jam file from proyect and bullet)
|--- Jamrules (jam file from proyect and bullet)
+ media (proyect folder)
|--- ogre.cfg (proyect file)
|--- plugins.cfg (proyect file)
+ src (proyect source code folder)
+ tinyxml (tiny xml source code folder)

I tried to link the libs in "out/linuxx86/optimize/" but it threw a lot of links errors, that's why I decide to compile the src within my own project.
If you need more info, please just ask. Thanks
Trauma

Post by Trauma »

Is there some simplified linux jam building rules (files) for bullet (only the libraries)? I don't want it to use an out/optimize/etc folder...
Is been really difficult to include this on my project.
Again. Help please.
Dragonlord

Post by Dragonlord »

I don't know exactly what the problem is with your Jam system as I do not use jam but autotools but I guess the way it is done is the same. I simply copied the source files ( including the required license and author files ) over to a folder of my own stripping out the game files and then simply added it to my project. This should be the same on jam I guess. Just replace the jam files from bullet with your own ones you use for your project and it should work.
Trauma

Post by Trauma »

Well, it was pretty easy once I made fresh new bullet jam files.

?Why in btQuickprof.cpp there is an #include "LinearMath/btQuickprof.h" instead of #include "btQuickprof.h"?, ?is there some practical reason?
Erwin Coumans
Site Admin

Post by Erwin Coumans »

The main idea of having all sources and headerfiles collected in the Bullet/src directory is that the user/developer only needs one include folder, this src folder.
All include paths were relative to this 'src' folder. However, if a cpp file includes a headerfile that exists in the same folder, it is redundant indeed,because '.' is in the include path too.

Thanks,
Erwin