Cylinders

Physics APIs, Physics file formats, Maya, Max, XSI, Cinema 4D, Lightwave, Blender, thinkingParticles™ and other simulation tools, exporters and importers
darkelfv

Cylinders

Post by darkelfv »

I am having all sorts of troubles with clyinders. If i make one and drop it on a cube. It never falls all the to the cube. Its always bigger then the drawn cylinder.

Bound size does not seem to have a effect what so ever.

Anyone have any ideals? Make it same size as its physical size?
darkelfv

Post by darkelfv »

ok turning on show physics helped a bit. I see now that if you size a object in edit mode it does not change the physical size of the object. You have to size it in object mode. Useing this you can tweak the size and make it match the physical size.

I consider this a bug, however it looks like there might not be a easy fix. Would have to recalce size based on mesh instead of object size.

Edit, Bah, soon as i make it compound it goes back to the larger size and ruins its shape again. Any Ideals?!!!!!
Appolonius

Post by Appolonius »

try using alt-r then ctrl-a ,also center the middle with "center new" in edit buttons. If that don't work do the same thing to your floor.
fast solve

Post by fast solve »

[quote="darkelfv"]if you size a object in edit mode it does not change the physical size of the object. quote]

My experiance: WRONG! Ethier edit mode or object mode modifications can size the physical object. Exception: spheres, in this case, change the radius.

Collision margin is 0.06 B.U. you can do an always->Replacemesh in game logic (disable pulse mode) and replace it with a mesh that is 0.06 fatter.
thinkofwhy

The matter of size and collisions

Post by thinkofwhy »

I had the same problems. Solution is: scale up all objects by a factor of 2 or 3 from the original size when added.

Seems that the bounds 'thickness' is fixed, so by scaling up the object, the bounds 'thickness' effectively relatively shrinks, and the objects can appear to make closer contact.
fast solve

Post by fast solve »

Or try my new (graphicall) build with adjustable collision margin per object, and, of course the precession fix.