Animating a bell

Physics APIs, Physics file formats, Maya, Max, XSI, Cinema 4D, Lightwave, Blender, thinkingParticles™ and other simulation tools, exporters and importers
Jaconiel

Animating a bell

Post by Jaconiel »

I created a bell and the stick inside the bell, producing the sound on the inside. I used the hinge constraint for the bell and the ball constraint for the stick. The stick is constrained to the bell object. I tried everything but it seems i can't get the two bodies to interact the right way. It just freeks out when i hit P. When i lower the stick - until it's just beneath the bell the movements are correct. It seems it won't work when placed inside the hollow object. Both objects are set to convex hull polytype. I also tried empties. And baked the bell object to IPO's - however nothing seems to work. How do I get this right?

Jacob.
fobsta

Post by fobsta »

Maybe the collision is overlapping? In the latest builds > 2.43 11c there is an option to show the 'physics visualisation'. Even though you may not have assigned specific types of collision by pressing the the 'f' key to go into face mode - this can automatically add extra collision.

For hollow objects I have removed all collsion on the object and created invisible collison.

Have a look at some of the physics demo files or my Mousetrap scene
http://www.box.net/public/jc29f7p2iq (866 k)

hope this helps....
Jaconiel

Post by Jaconiel »

I'm a newbe using physics so here I really need some help. How do I make a collission invisble?
fast solve

Post by fast solve »

Set the bell to static triangle mesh.
fast solve

Post by fast solve »