Preview 32: enough objects = crashes, widespread failure

Physics APIs, Physics file formats, Maya, Max, XSI, Cinema 4D, Lightwave, Blender, thinkingParticles™ and other simulation tools, exporters and importers
Icoxo

Preview 32: enough objects = crashes, widespread failure

Post by Icoxo »

I was working on a physics block house to use record to IPO on and make an image out of it in preview 32. It was going fine in the simulation until I neared 400 objects, then I noticed a few went through the floor and the house structure itself just failed in many areas where it was fine with less objects. Plus I also often get crashes. I didn't care about the framerate (it was over 10) because I didn't need it to be realtime. Also, there's a very fine line between when it happens and when it doesn't in object count.

Any idea of what's causing it, can it be fixed, is there anyway to put a warning saying it can't compute safely and without failure?

I also had no sleeping on all of them.
And also, somehow it doesn't crash on your little bullet house demo even with 5-600 bodies.

All the bodies has simple cube bounds on them.
Icoxo

Post by Icoxo »

Oh, I found the problem, the scale was too small. I scaled it up and I had no problems, need to watch the scale.