adding constrained objects, new shader design and more

Physics APIs, Physics file formats, Maya, Max, XSI, Cinema 4D, Lightwave, Blender, thinkingParticles™ and other simulation tools, exporters and importers
pildanovak

adding constrained objects, new shader design and more

Post by pildanovak »

Hello, I'm currently triying to do a game which uses some of the experimental features, and I'm experiencing some problems.

1. I tried to add a chain of constrained objects(p2p const.), but didn't suceed. I used the code from the p2p demo, which i made. In fact, the objects run all a script and need to be linked together(with help of an useless actuator). I tried to add all objects separately and also all as a child of 1 parent empty.

2. In newest builds the normalmap, parallax and other shaders i use don't work. I have read in bf-cvs mail list that some new refork of shaders was added. How does it work?

3.When using armatures, always crash after esc from game.this happens also in older builds.

If finished, i would like to post the game as a new bullet demo...
Erwin Coumans
Site Admin

Re: adding constrained objects, new shader design and more

Post by Erwin Coumans »

pildanovak wrote:Hello, I'm currently triying to do a game which uses some of the experimental features, and I'm experiencing some problems.
1. I tried to add a chain of constrained objects(p2p const.), but didn't suceed. I used the code from the p2p demo, which i made. In fact, the objects run all a script and need to be linked together(with help of an useless actuator). I tried to add all objects separately and also all as a child of 1 parent empty.
I would like to, but I cannot help without more information or blend file. The p2p works fine here.
2. In newest builds the normalmap, parallax and other shaders i use don't work. I have read in bf-cvs mail list that some new refork of shaders was added. How does it work?
Don't know about this at all, I mailed Charlie (snailrose at Elysiun) for a document on the changes.
3.When using armatures, always crash after esc from game.this happens also in older builds.
I don't have test files. The armature shader file works fine here. Do you have a small file that shows the crash?
If finished, i would like to post the game as a new bullet demo...
That looks very cool!

Please also check this: Hinge constraint, batch add object, vehicle test

Win32 Blender binary:
http://www.continuousphysics.com/ftp/pu ... eview7.zip

Bullet Demos:
http://www.continuousphysics.com/ftp/pu ... eview7.zip

Erwin
pildanovak

Post by pildanovak »

hello, i've uploaded a packed file of the actor at
http://plant.ffa.vutbr.cz/~novak/dwnflz/onlyarma.blend
it crashes nicely, but it's torn from the game so there probably could be some wrongly initialized logicbricks, or some scripts will give error, but i think that shouldn't be a problem. try to move it with wsad keys. q also for quit, also crashes.

to adding p2p - I meant adding a chain of p2p dynamically, with addObject actuator, i tried adding them as child of 1 empty, separatly(1actuator for each), and now with the new possibility - with 1 actuator in 1 frame. but still they seem to have trouble to find each other.

all the demos work fine here, hinge constraint looks great!
pildanovak

Post by pildanovak »

now I have discovered a new bug(in this build), and also uploaded a file again.
http://plant.ffa.vutbr.cz/~novak/dwnflz ... bugs.blend
on layer one of the file, there's shown an addObject actuator bug - when adding a new object after the 1st object dies, crash. that means, you can add as many as you want, but when the first one goes away after the set time...

on the second layer i tried to repeat the armature bug, but didn't suceed. but look at it, it also behaves strange - there are emptys, which have armatures as children, these have meshes. the whole structure was copied 2 times, and the armatures belong to their empties in blender, but in the engine, all of them are children of the first empty!

this is what i experience quite often in the engine - some modifications in the blender structure show weird things in engine. sometimes, if you run some file with layers, and then go from the engine, change the layers, go back to engine, the first layer setup becomes active. But i'd have to make a testfile which shows this...
nmceri

crash on exit

Post by nmceri »

I have a blend that crashes when using the armature action actuator. It may be the same problem the original poster described.

Play the blend, then exit the play mode after a few moments, and you'll experience a crash.

http://www.cybercom.net/~erin/blender/wraith15.blend
nmceri

Post by nmceri »

Newest build seems to fix the crash. Thanks alot erwin, that bug was really frustrating!