changing speed of anamation

Physics APIs, Physics file formats, Maya, Max, XSI, Cinema 4D, Lightwave, Blender, thinkingParticles™ and other simulation tools, exporters and importers
o----o

changing speed of anamation

Post by o----o »

hi

I'm working on game called BFight http://bfight.org/ and One think I wanna use in this game is slowing down or speed up animation aka matrix feeling.

It shouldn't a big problem for you guys(I hope)
I think that this can be solved if you add one value into Action Actuator, something like a pitch in sound. One value that recalculate timing of animation.

default number could be 1(1 frame is 1 frame if animation) and if you change it to for ie. 0.8 it recalculate actual value that it supposed to play to new number that will be played. So it actually slow down an animation.
what do you think guys, will you help me?

thx jm
o----o

Post by o----o »

nobody :?

thanks jm
Erwin Coumans
Site Admin

Post by Erwin Coumans »

This is a good idea, and very possible to implement.

But at the moment, there is a big todo-list, and very little time. There isn't even time to read and reply all requests.

Remind this is a pet-project in the spare time, and sharing with Bullet physics. First priority is improving the Bullet physics with vehicle and character control support. Then refactoring the game engine into a plugin. Then fixing some bugs. Sorry for this. There might be some developers at elysiun forum that can help.

Erwin
o----o

Post by o----o »

hi erwin

I know you are totaly busy, but I just wanna remind you this speed animation topic. If you wanna look at it in a near future it help me a lot.
Because then I might slowly prepare the game for this properties.

I will use it for:
  • corection of each animation speed
    user will have a chance to choose game speed
    aka matrix cam movement during game assimilated to the action
    & more
thx o----o
Erwin Coumans
Site Admin

Post by Erwin Coumans »

thanks for reminding. it won't be possible for Blender 2.42, but 2.43 should be fine.
o----o

Post by o----o »

cool :D