Current Ageia (PhyX) Plug-in for 3D Max

Physics APIs, Physics file formats, Maya, Max, XSI, Cinema 4D, Lightwave, Blender, thinkingParticles™ and other simulation tools, exporters and importers
vagr

Current Ageia (PhyX) Plug-in for 3D Max

Post by vagr »

Hi, sry for opening a new thread to discuss this. I just want to show some result and do not want it to be buried in deep.

Here is my settings:

1. Ageia product installed: PhysX_8.02.13_SystemSoftware.exe and PhysX_2.8.0_SDK_Core.msi.
2. 3DMax version: 2008 trial
3. Ageia plug-in installed: PhysXPlugin_rev9_for_3dsMax9_physx273.exe

Installing and Running
1. There is error message about "can not find 3DMax 9" installing plug-in, I just ignore it and give the current directory of 2008. (My 3DMax 9.0 can not load that plug-in anyway while 2008 can. )
2. Run Max Script from Max Script->Run Script->px_control.ms. You have to choose "export" in second section to export it to COLLADA

Good things:
1. Physics scene, objects, materials, instance will be exported.
2.We will have primitives for <shape>.

Bad things:
1. Geometry (Mesh) for Visual Scene is lost.
2. Only box is available as <shape>. Other mesh objects such as teapot, tube and cylinder will use convex mesh as shape.
3. Can not export hinge_constraint defined in reactor. When I click on the constraint, "Make Physical/Edit" button is gray. I read document from feeling software and followed the joint section. But even I can adjust property of joint, I can not export it to COLLADA file. (Biggest problem for us now, could anyone help me to find a way to export any kind of constraint, which doesn't have to be one in reactor?)

Hope that could be helpful. I have to post it here because the project seems to be closed in source forge.