Contact points revisited

tjloughl

Contact points revisited

Post by tjloughl »

Hello,
I am having a problem with my contact points. I have a trip mine that when it gets hit, collision in any way, it creates an explosion. I have created an explosion in the world and it is detecting when something is in the range of the spherical collision. The problem is that the contact found between the explosion and the object in the explosion is not the right contact point.
What I mean is, the explosion is 20m big in radius. I have a ship that is tripping the mine right at the center of the explosion. But the contact point always comes back as the very outside of the sphere, at a distance of 18 or 19 meters. This means that it isn't returning the nearest contact point, because there is obviously a contact point towards the inside of the sphere explosion, but it is returning points on the outside of the sphere explosion. This is a huge problem because I am trying to deal damage based on how far away the object is from the center of the explosion, but it is always returning the max distance away.
I am using a custom near callback.
Thanks for any help