automake support

hiker

automake support

Post by hiker »

Hi,

I've just included bullet into our build environment (which was suprisingly easy, thanks for having a makefile.am in place), and while I haven't had a problem yet, I am wondering if there is a list of #ifdef's that are necessary for compilation. I.e. in your build environment (configure/jam) what symbols are -D defined? I just want to make sure that I pass on the necessary ones.

I did a grep for ifdef/ifndef/defined,and found __APPLE__ , WIN32, __MINGW32__, __CYGWIN__, _MSC_VER, __sun (and variations) - all of which I assume are set with the normal configure process. Just to make sure that there aren't any other symbols I have to take care of (might be worth documenting this somewhere, since it is the recommended way to include bullet in the project's build environment).

Cheers,
Joerg
Erwin Coumans
Site Admin

Re: automake support

Post by Erwin Coumans »

Hi,

You don't need to set any build-flags, indeed the platform defines should be compiler built-in.

By default, Bullet uses single floating point precision, so you don't need a build flag for that. Other configurations can be chosen at run-time (multi-threading, different collision algorithms, memory sizes etc).

Hope this helps,
Erwin
hiker

Re: automake support

Post by hiker »

Hi Erwin,

thanks - yes, that helps. I just wanted to make sure that I am not missing anything in my build environment, after I moved from your jam to my configure/makefile. Finding a problem later caused by an error in the compiler settings or so would be rather difficult.

Thanks!
Joerg