Collision Data

tjloughl

Collision Data

Post by tjloughl »

Is there any way to get the data from a collision?
I am looking for things like
MAYBE the impulse given during the collision so I can shake the camera a bit
DEF the objects that have collided together
Point of collision

Thanks!
tjloughl

Re: Collision Data

Post by tjloughl »

Ok,
well we got the collision data, but something unexpected is happening. It registers manifolds early. When I put my object really far above my static geometry, it registers 0 manifolds. Then, as it alls, once it gets CLOSE, but not touching, to the static geometry it registers 1 manifold. It keeps 1 manifold even when it hits the geometry.
tjloughl

Post by tjloughl »

nevermind, i read another post about "proximity collision", so I just tested to make sure there are some contacts for the manifold.

THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP YOU GUYS

:wink: just kidding
AlexSilverman

Post by AlexSilverman »

Hey,

A bit late, but hopefully this'll help some if you still need it. You can override the ContactAddedCallback to get information on a contact point as it is added. http://www.bulletphysics.com/Bullet/php ... edCallback has some info on this, or you can search ConcavePhysicsDemo.cpp for details on implementation.

I use this method to notify an object when it has collided, and what it has collided with.

- Alex
tjloughl

Post by tjloughl »

Hey man that is even better than what I did. I had a whole loop through the manifold thing going. I really appreciate it. Thanks