Introduction

smjones

Introduction

Post by smjones »

Hey there!
I posted a reply in another thread and realized I didn't introduce myself first.

My name is Steve Jones. I'm a professional coder but I do not work in the game industry. On the side I work for the Game Institute as a teaching assistant. Recently I've been trying to put together some very basic applications using physics. Due to time and interest I basically have none to develop my own physics engine. Besides why try to do something others have done better and have given out freely for the rest of us. :)

My only experience thus far is with PhysX but I'm hoping to learn Bullet and make some use of it, if only in basic demos. One of my goals, apart from personal edification from learning the material, is to try to impart my learnings to students at GI. My graphics strengths lie in DirectX so I'll be using Bullet with DirectX solely. I have no beef with OpenGL, I'm just not that familiar with it.

Steve
Erwin Coumans
Site Admin

Re: Introduction

Post by Erwin Coumans »

Thanks for the intro, and welcome!

Where is the Game Institute located?

If you have any demo, please let us know.
Thanks,
Erwin
smjones

Re: Introduction

Post by smjones »

Hey Erwin!
Oh, sorry, the game institute is an online school located at http://www.gameinstitute.com. Currently I'm working on a simple vehicle simulation (tanks to be specific, I like tanks! :) )

If the project ever gets to the point of the "non-embarrassing-ok-to-show-others" stage then I'll definitely give it out.

Steve