Static trimesh vs. Kinematic object

Jayzen

Static trimesh vs. Kinematic object

Post by Jayzen »

I'm trying to set up a player collision system. I have a scene with a triangle mesh room, and some dynamic cubes in it. I represent the player with a kinematic capsule.

I've copied the loop from the CollisionInterfaceDemo, and I do get back correct contact points when the player's capsule collides with the dynamic cubes, but no points are generated when it collides with the static triangle room. Is there a flag or something I have to set to enable kinematic vs. static triangle collision information? Ideally I'll use this info to adjust the player's position so he collides with the static mesh geometry.

Thanks,

Jason Zisk
Jayzen

Re: Static trimesh vs. Kinematic object

Post by Jayzen »

I figured out how to get it working by using addCollisionObject and passing in the flags, but how can I change it on bodies I've already created?

Although I realized I am probably doing this wrong, I think I want to use objectQuerySingle to detect the point the player would collide and modify his velocity based on that to slide along the wall.

Experimentation continues!
KungFooMasta

Re: Static trimesh vs. Kinematic object

Post by KungFooMasta »

Please keep us posted! :D

I'm interested in getting character collision handling working in Bullet also. I haven't begun to use the library yet, but I'm willing to put in effort to try and help if needed.