Help getting started

Lyrad1000

Help getting started

Post by Lyrad1000 »

I just downloaded the SDK, and have tried to open up msvc\8\appBasicDemo.sln in VC8.
Upon compiling, I get a bunch of linker errors. I could probably fix the errors by adding files where I find them (such as Demos\OpenGL\GlutStuff.cpp/h ) but this seems kinda hacky. The doxygen instructions are pretty spares.

Am I missing a even higher level SLN file? Do I need to some include/lib dirs in the options/settings?

help appreciated!

--Lyrad

Some of the dump:

------ Build started: Project: appBasicDemo, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
Linking...
BasicDemo.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "int __cdecl glutmain(int,char * *,int,int,char const *,class DemoApplication *)" (?glutmain@@YAHHPAPADHHPBDPAVDemoApplication@@@Z) referenced in function _main
BasicDemo.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall DemoApplication::setCameraDistance(float)" (?setCameraDistance@DemoApplication@@QAEXM@Z) referenced in function _main
AlexSilverman

Re: Help getting started

Post by AlexSilverman »

It sounds like you created the solution file by loading a project file into Visual Studio. There is a higher level solution file you should load instead. It's bullet-2.62\msvc\8\wksbullet.sln. This one loads up all of the demo projects as well as the core collision and dynamics libraries, with all of the dependencies intact, so you can just set your startup project and start messing around, with no build errors.

- Alex
Lyrad1000

Re: Help getting started

Post by Lyrad1000 »

Thanks much!