3DSMax physics Collada Exporter ?

Physics APIs, Physics file formats, Maya, Max, XSI, Cinema 4D, Lightwave, Blender, thinkingParticles™ and other simulation tools, exporters and importers
Elril

3DSMax physics Collada Exporter ?

Post by Elril »

Hi everybody,

Is there any COLLADA Exporter for 3DSMax 8 or 9 which export collada file filled with physics data? I know a Max Exporter exists for 3DSMax 7 ( the one in this forum, from September 2005 ). But I am looking for a plug in which is working with the 3DS 8 or 9.

ColladaMax from the Feeling Software currently does not support physics data.

[quote]There is no support for ColladaPhysics at the moment.[/quote]

Is there a way to have the library_physics_scene in the collada file ?

Thanks,
vagr

Re: 3DSMax physics Collada Exporter ?

Post by vagr »

I need that exporter too. One possible is to convert 3DMax file to Maya and then use Maya plug-in but it is not a clean method.

Btw, whether XSI or Blender supports Physics of COLLADA?

Any ideas?
Erwin Coumans
Site Admin

Post by Erwin Coumans »

Blender has some COLLADA 1.4 physics support, as Phyton plugin, not sure about Lightwave.

This open source 3ds Max 7,8 and 9 PhysX plugin might have COLLADA support:
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfile ... _id=191256

Can you let us know if it supports COLLADA? You might want to try the options, and use .dae as filename.
Thanks,
Erwin
vagr

Post by vagr »

Thanks a lot for reply. My teammate told me that he can use that plug-in to export physics information. I may try to validate it later and let you know the result.
vagr

Post by vagr »

Hi Erwin,

The plug-in doesn't work. I had already installed Ageia system software 8.02.12 and SDK core 2.8.0. Then I tried all three files PhysXPlugin_rev9_for_3dsMax9_physx270.exe, PhysXPlugin_rev9_for_3dsMax9_physx272.exe, and PhysXPlugin_rev9_for_3dsMax9_physx273.exe. But neither of them works. The error is "3D max is not found. Do you want to install this plug-in any way"? I already installed 3D Max under directory C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 9. Even I installed it, it will show error when loading pxplugin.dll.

Could you help me with that?

Thanks a lot in advance!
tbastos

Post by tbastos »

Erwin Coumans wrote: Can you let us know if it supports COLLADA? You might want to try the options, and use .dae as filename.
Thanks,
Erwin
I have just tested the PhysX Plugin, and it seems to work well.
I tried exporting a simple scene and tested with your ColladaDemo. The relative position of the objects seemed right, though I had some problems with the camera.
I have not tested the plugin with my own application yet, however.