CreateDynamics and Blender

Physics APIs, Physics file formats, Maya, Max, XSI, Cinema 4D, Lightwave, Blender, thinkingParticles™ and other simulation tools, exporters and importers
aash29

CreateDynamics and Blender

Post by aash29 »

Hi,
I'm trying to export a .dae file from CreateDynamics and then open it in Blender, but all I get is an empty scene.
I was looking for a software to perform convex decomposition (to use generic objects in collision detection in Blender), and the only thing I found was CreateDynamics.

-can't post the link yet-

It performs well in built-in viewer, with lots of tuning options, but Blender fails to open .dae files Studio produces, resulting in an empty scene.
I'm not sure if the issue is with CreateDynamics, Blender or import plugin.

Anybody tried this before me?
thanks on advance
aash29

Post by aash29 »

JamesH

Post by JamesH »

The .dae from CreateDynamics only contains physics data and no graphics data, does Blender Collada importer recognise Physics data ?
aash29

Post by aash29 »

hmm
.dae file from CreateDynamics does have <geometry> and <mesh> fields with lots of coordinates. Looks like they're not linked to any graphical object :shock: Odd, that. Guess I'll need to modify the export part
Thanks, I wouldn't have guessed it myself.
Erwin Coumans
Site Admin

Post by Erwin Coumans »

Yes, Blender support a large subset of COLLADA physics, but it might not work without graphics. More work needs to be done to make all different COLLADA tools compatible and compliant.

I am working on a new COLLADA Physics tool (called OpenPhysicsComposer), that will bridge the gap between Blender and CreateDynamics.

Hope this helps,
Erwin
aash29

Post by aash29 »

Great news, I guess everyone who works with Blender physics would need these tools badly. How far are you from the release of your project?