Thanks

Rob_Ashton

Thanks

Post by Rob_Ashton »

I started writing a very simple physics system last week to complement god knows how much code in a system I'm working on and soon realised I was out of my depth.

I had looked around for physics engines I could use a while ago and found that most of them didn't suit my purposes at all and bulletphysics just didn't register (were you down for a bit or something?).

It is with great relief when looking a few days ago that I stumbled across this site, so I downloaded and built myself some binaries and began integration.

In a couple of days, despite the lack of documentation and the wiki being dead, I've managed to integrate into my system and I'm getting on with what matters - which is (for me) not writing physics code :)

The reason it's been so fast to integrate is because the design of this little beast while drastically different from my own style has seemingly been well thought out. Everything follows the same concepts and once you've seen how one object works the rest just flows.

I can't wait until next week when I can start utilising more of the features available in this lovely library. I never thought I could have such nice physics in my own project before.

Thank-you for spending your time writing this and making it available with such a decent license. I look forward to participating in this community for a while to come and hopefully I'll be able to give something back in the way of tutorials or something. :D