constraints across inactive layers causes crash in 2.43

Physics APIs, Physics file formats, Maya, Max, XSI, Cinema 4D, Lightwave, Blender, thinkingParticles™ and other simulation tools, exporters and importers
dubois

constraints across inactive layers causes crash in 2.43

Post by dubois »

Hi. I noticed a situtation which can cause a crash in blender 2.43 rc1.
If a constraint is set up from an object on an inactive layer to an object on an
active layer the game engine crashes. example here:
http://soibud.net/crash.blend
Erwin Coumans
Site Admin

Post by Erwin Coumans »

thanks for the report, this should be fixed.

Anyhow, please refrain from any links between objects in active layer and objects in in-active layer.

Also, please keep the Blender related postings in the 'Bullet for Blender' forum.

Erwin
scabootssca

Post by scabootssca »

the engine crashes if there is two objects on the same layer and that layer is visible too

i tried in Rc2 and cvs i compiled 5 minutes ago
Erwin Coumans
Site Admin

Post by Erwin Coumans »

When exactly do you get crashes?

All recent physics demos should run fine.
Thanks,
Erwin

scabootssca wrote:the engine crashes if there is two objects on the same layer and that layer is visible too

i tried in Rc2 and cvs i compiled 5 minutes ago
mal

Post by mal »

scabootssca, it's always worth posting a .blend file that shows the crash, even if its very simple, to make it easier for developers to find and fix the bug.

Mal
scabootssca

Post by scabootssca »

oh man... im so stupid but dubois .blend is the same problem as mine which is if a constraint is on a inactive layer the GE crashes

oh and i compiled a cvs build to make a .blend for you and whenever you quit the game engine blender crashes.. you might know this already or it might be becasue of my build since it crashes if you render curves or you render with ao on i'll try to ask some other people if it happens for them too

and it's easy to reproduce that bug just start the game angine and quit it

and really sorry about bugging you about the same problem as right above mine you are already going a great job on the game engine dont need stupid people like me
mal

Post by mal »

> and really sorry about bugging you about the same problem as right above mine you are already going a great job on the game engine

It's only by finding the bugs and reporting them that they get fixed quicker, so you're doing a great job!
Mal