New in Bullet 2.78
- Fracture and glueing demo that can break or glue child shapes of a btCompoundShape when certain impulse thresholds are exceeded.
- Breakable constraints, based on an applied impulse threshold.
- Improved binary .bullet file format with soft body serialization and
- Polyhedral contact clipping and optional separating axis test (SAT) as alternative to GJK/EPA and incremental contact manifold, for btPolyhedralConvexShape derived shapes such as btConvexHullShape. Thanks to Pierre Terdiman (NVIDIA/PhysX) for his SAT posting in his blog (we will add his internal shape optimization soon) and Ole from Maxon for the new convex hull computation.
- OpenCL and DirectCompute cloth simulation improvements: GPU kernels for capsule collision detection and OpenCL-OpenGL interop
See Demos/OpenCLClothDemo and Demos/DX11ClothDemo
- Speculative/predictive contact constraints as a method to perform continuous collision response, also discussed in this gamedev.net forum topic.
Thanks a lot everyone for all the feedback and contributions!