configuring bullet library in visual studio 2010

Laxmi

configuring bullet library in visual studio 2010

Post by Laxmi »

I am trying to run a bullet code in visual studio 2010. For this I did the following process:

1.1 Down load BULLET source code
from https://code.google.com/p/bullet/source/checkout
1.2 Double click “vs2010.bat” in folder “build” folder in top level folder of BULLET. And “vs2010” folder is made in “build” folder. Then double click “0BulletSolution.sln” to launch VisualStudio 2010.
1.3 Build all projects with Debug and Release mode. And confirm that there is no error in the build. (library files are generated in “lib” folder in top level folder of BULLET)

2.1 Close VisualStudio 2010.
2.2 Add environment variable, name is “Bullet” and value is folder path where library files of BULLET are.
2.3 Launch VisualStudio 2010.
2.4 Open solution file,

I have included the path in include lib i.e $(Bullet)

Error: IntelliSense: cannot open source file "LinearMath/btScalar.h" and so on.
Bullet library header files are not included in the project.
c6burns

Re: configuring bullet library in visual studio 2010

Post by c6burns »

Header files don't strictly need to be in the project. Intellisense should find them as long as they are sitting in an include path. Although, I use CMake and it does put the headers into the resulting sln
Laxmi

Post by Laxmi »

I am trying to include bullet library without using cmake and with the use of enviroment variable but it is showing errors
bwelch

Post by bwelch »

If it can't find the headers, it's a source problem and not a linker problem. Make sure that the directory containing the headers is specified under Additional Include Directories (see the attached screenshot). Hope this helps.
additional directories.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.