Wrong collision with flat wall where have many lines [video]

Post by FDsagizi »

[sorry for my english]

Hi guys, i have problem with collision where exists lines

this video show full problem: http://youtu.be/KM6Nntbb42Q
Rasoul

Re: Wrong collision with flat wall where have many lines [vi

Post by Rasoul »

Can you explain the problem you are facing with the collision detection module? I watched the video but I couldn't find out your problem.
nullChar

Post by nullChar »

Based on the video, it looks like the OP is trying to decipher the cause of the force that is applied to the car as it scrapes along the wall. More specifically, a force applied to the front-left of the car in the opposite direction of the car's velocity when the car slides past an edge in the wall's collision geometry. It can be observed several times within the linked video, but seems most apparent at around 0:16-0:17 seconds into the video while wireframe mode is enabled.

FDsagizi,
I'm not sure of the cause of this problem, but I believe I see what you're referring to in your video. I hope my understanding/explanation of the symptoms can help uncover the root problem.
Erwin Coumans
Site Admin

Post by Erwin Coumans »

The car is colliding with 'internal' triangle edges. The btInternalEdgeUtility can reduce/fix this issue, by adjusting the contact normals.

See Bullet/Demos/InternalEdgeDemo how to use it.
Thanks,
Erwin
FDsagizi

Post by FDsagizi »

so, i try to use Internal Edge, and it not resolve problem

then i modificate Internal edge function, for understend this problem in only normals or not.

code: http://www.everfall.com/paste/id.php?x8fdsvu3oh7b

this code full resolve problem with lines. I.e. full problem in normals. But i can't use that code, because he have more problem on "out side" collisions...

how to be ?