Bullet Physics Contest: Most Incredible Device wins PS3/Wii

Show what you made with Bullet Physics SDK: Games, Demos, Integrations with a graphics engine, modeler or any other application
waynefox3

Post by waynefox3 »

Oh man thats nice im starting to feel my chances of winning are declining

cause of the psychics faults i found in mine im gonna tweak it and
Record a video and have it working asap
Oso

Post by Oso »

Nice job, rush2049.

I'm bummin' though. Here I thought I was going to be the only one to use a Gravity Well and an Archimedes Screw.
darkelfv

Post by darkelfv »

Im excited about the extension, IM going to spiff up my blend file. I don't plan on baking again, but im am going to make a video. Now I have some time to really polish and make it shine. Maybe i can add that new scene I was going to do.

I love rube goldberg i have a few ideals.

How many submissions are we allowed to enter erwin???
I Have a ideal that would be a shorter one. If im allowed i might enter it as well, after I have polished and finished my main entry.

Cool vids everyone. !!! 8 more days.
sandpuppy7

Post by sandpuppy7 »

Wow there are some great machines can't want to see some more
here's mine the video is poor for right now but thanks to the extension I'll have some time to do some polishing
sandpuppy7

Post by sandpuppy7 »

Coz

Post by Coz »

I have the feeling that my chances of winning tend to 0 :)

And that's a good thing, because the new knowledge should prove to be more useful than the prizes :p

Not showing my video here yet because it was taken with a cellphone camera, and I'm baking to IPO now to make a decent video.

- Coz
rush2049

Post by rush2049 »

I wonder if the reviews could be posted as they come in... (nightly while the GDC rests) if possible... I am interested in what people have to say about all of our contraptions.
moobins

Post by moobins »

How simulation will be show on GDC? Exe, blend or video ?
Erwin Coumans
Site Admin

Post by Erwin Coumans »

moobins wrote:How simulation will be show on GDC? Exe, blend or video ?
They will be shown on Playstation 3 in the COLLADA RT viewer with build-in Bullet physics simulation. So I can show them either as baked physics animation or simulated in real-time, while the user can change the camera perspective. Moobins, I already converted your entry into a COLLADA .dae file and it looks great fun.

Erwin
moobins

Post by moobins »

Will textures, vertex colors, and other graphic effects be the same as in exe?
rush2049

Post by rush2049 »

Oh no, my blend file.... when viewed in the game engine doesn't look very nice.....

can the PS3 do real blender textures in real time, because thats what I setup my file to do....
Erwin Coumans
Site Admin

Post by Erwin Coumans »

OK, fair enough, I will show both blend .exe and converted COLLADA version. I compared the runtime and the COLLADA exported version, and the graphics details deteriorated indeed. Although the focus is on physics, I realize you want your entry to be shown as good as possible.

Therefore, I will do a side-by-side comparison using a PC and Playstation 3, and show which information is ported over using Blender COLLADA export, and what is lost.

Here are two pictures, for comparison. The darker one has lost information, but it looks much better on a HD television screen.
Blend:

RT:

Thanks for the feedback,
Erwin
waynefox3

Post by waynefox3 »

i have to upload a video i took with cam stupid which i will do here very shortly to show everyone but
when you do this in realtime
how will you get the camera to move correctly mines setup in an ipo with 14 or 15 check points i tried to get the best view i could on the action at hand
endif

Post by endif »

hey erwin, does mine look ok on the ps3?

i left a wall missing in my room to allow for the video camera work.
would this count against me since the people at the conference would be able to move the camera? or would the camera stay set up the way i have it in the blend?

i just want to know so i can fix it to make it look right!
moobins

Post by moobins »

I have the same question if I should change anything