Collision on unconventional scales don't work ?

cippyboy

Collision on unconventional scales don't work ?

Post by cippyboy »

I ask this because I tried setting a scale to a physical object and nothing happened. What surprised me was that when you call

MyMotionState::getWorldScaling

it just returns (1,1,1), so I suppose it's either not used or I just miss something.
Erwin Coumans
Site Admin

Re: Collision on unconventional scales don't work ?

Post by Erwin Coumans »

cippyboy wrote:I ask this because I tried setting a scale to a physical object and nothing happened. What surprised me was that when you call

MyMotionState::getWorldScaling

it just returns (1,1,1), so I suppose it's either not used or I just miss something.
Which Bullet version are you using? I don't see MyMotionState::getWorldScaling here.

There is no scaling on the motionstate/worldtransform. You can only optionally scale some collision shapes (locally).

Thanks a lot,
Erwin
cippyboy

Post by cippyboy »

1.9 I'm taking care of some other stuff so I didn't upgraded yet,sorry.

The thing was that I import models from 3DS Max via .WRLs, and it has transforms, so I tryed giving it that transform, it all works well, except scalling. I now manually merge the scale into the model, but leave translation and rotation so I can move them around.

I'm pretty glad that I can turn static objects into move-able objects by animating the transform, is there any trick I should know regarding this ? :D