new weekly testbuild, 4 augustus 2005

Physics APIs, Physics file formats, Maya, Max, XSI, Cinema 4D, Lightwave, Blender, thinkingParticles™ and other simulation tools, exporters and importers
Erwin Coumans
Site Admin

new weekly testbuild, 4 augustus 2005

Post by Erwin Coumans »

There is a windows testbuild for bullet physics in Blender 2.38

http://www.continuousphysics.com/ftp/pu ... 60ebc628a8

deactivation should work better now, timing etc. tweakable in python
Last edited by Erwin Coumans on Thu Aug 04, 2005 7:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
saluk

Post by saluk »

Looks very nice! Things locking seems a lot better to me than jittering forever. Right now though it seems things are locking in place a little too much. Especially in concave.blend, the falling cone seems to end up in an awkward position, of course you probably already know this :)

The hinge is a nice feature too!
Erwin Coumans
Site Admin

deactivation /sleeping treshold

Post by Erwin Coumans »

Hi Saluk!

thanks for the feedback. It would be good to add a 'sleeping treshold' in Blender, because this value needs to be tweaked indeed.

Also, did you notice the rendering of the concave mesh is wrong ?
Is there a way in blender to triangulate all the quads ?
non-planar quads are not triangulated properly in the gameengine, must have been introduced in the last few years that I was away ;-)
fobsta

Re: deactivation /sleeping treshold

Post by fobsta »

ecoumans wrote: Is there a way in blender to triangulate all the quads ?
non-planar quads are not triangulated properly in the gameengine, must have been introduced in the last few years that I was away ;-)
to convert quads to tris
select the object and enter edit mode
select the faces you want triangulated
mesh-->faces-->convert quads to triangles (from the 3d view header menu)[/b]

I find it helpful to convert all my models to triangles when exporting to any game engines. That way the artist has complete control over which way quads are converted to tris.

cheers

Post by Guest »

I agree, there's a little bit of time that I would leave objects to jitter around in before freezing.

Second, I really like the logo.

Third, Thanks. This is going to make my physics-based game become a reality, and I promise I'll put your name in the credits.

Fourth, keep up the awesome work. If this gem makes it into 2.4, there will be a lot to be excited about for that release date. I'm psyched up to have a party already XD

Fifth! (lots, i know) I'll provide massive amounts of moral support until this project is completed, and awesome.

Sixth!! I trust that the pivot/constraint system will be managed by you. I never could figure out pivots in 3dsmax + havok, but they seemed very easy to me in Maya. That's likely only an issue of GUI, but I'd like to make it clear that I'd love to see as many available options for constraints as possible mostly because Sumo lacked support for constraints all together. That made the construction of a car, for example, impossible.. That's all! Thanks again.