How do i link bullet in Codeblocks to run the demos?

MasterM

How do i link bullet in Codeblocks to run the demos?

Post by MasterM »

Hey all, i downloaded bullet today but i dont know what to link into code::blocks to run and test the bullet demo's.
So if anyone know how to run the demos in code:blocks pleas share the information with me or if anyone know what to link/include pleas tell me.
Thanks in advance.
chunky

Re: How do i link bullet in Codeblocks to run the demos?

Post by chunky »

I haven't tried it personally, but bullet comes with cmakefiles, and I think cmake can drop code::blocks projects. That's probably your easiest bet

Gary (-;
MasterM

Post by MasterM »

Cmake has support for codeblocks but it has bugs in it...
Erwin Coumans
Site Admin

Post by Erwin Coumans »

In that case it is best to report those Codeblocks bugs to the cmake developers, http://cmake.org

Bullet supports 4 build systems: make, jam, cmake and msvc projectfiles.

You might be able to use this Codeblocks contribution, but we can't support it:
http://code.google.com/p/bullet/issues/detail?id=64

Hope this helps,
Erwin
MasterM

Post by MasterM »

Thanks for the info and the link but the code::blocks contributon dont work :( and i also want to know how to link bullet manualy so when i make new projects i know how to link and also for good practise, so I made static libs of the BulletCollision folder(compiled in bulletcollision.a),BulletDynamics folder(compiled in bulletdynamics.a) and LinearMath folder(compiled in bulletmath.a) and i included "bullet-2.72\src" in the search directory but i still get errors like
..\..\Engines\bullet-2.72\lib\bulletdynamics.a(btDiscreteDynamicsWorld.o)||In function `_ZN15btDynamicsWorld16removeConstraintEP17btTypedConstraint':|
and
C:\Work\Engines\bullet-2.72\src\BulletDynamics\Dynamics\btDiscreteDynamicsWorld.cpp|81|undefined reference to `btSimulationIslandManager::btSimulationIslandManager()'|
so what am i wrong or should i link more things?
Thanks in advance.
chunky

Post by chunky »

so what am i wrong or should i link more things?
When you built the library, some of the .cpp files weren't compiled and added to it. Make sure that however you're building bullet, that you include all .cpp files

Gary (-;