Direct kinematic for parallel robot using Bullet

kouellet

Direct kinematic for parallel robot using Bullet

Post by kouellet »

Hello,

First, sorry for my bad English... (and I don't know if I'm in the appropriate place)

I would like to know if it is possible to use Bullet to calculate the direct kinematic of a parallel robot. I don't know if someone has already trying that...

What I want to do exactly, is to manually specify 3 angles for 3 arms. These three arms are connected together to an effector and I want to know the position of the effector. This is a DELTA like parallel robot...

I think that I need to use Constraint, without mass (static). But before I investigate farther, I would like to know your opinion.

Thank you very much...

Kévin
PaulMartz

Re: Direct kinematic for parallel robot using Bullet

Post by PaulMartz »

Hi Kevin -- Did you get anywhere with thid yet? I am about to start coding a similar task; I want the user to interact with the simulation using a data glove, so I need to specify finger/knuckle angles. I intend to simulate the hand using zero-mass rigid boxes and cylinders, joined with 6dof constraints. Sort of a zero-mass equivalent of the ragdoll demo.

I hope this is the right approach. Let me know how your work progresses.
-Paul
kouellet

Re: Direct kinematic for parallel robot using Bullet

Post by kouellet »

Hi Paul,

For the moment, I don't plan to continue in this direction since I find an another method to calculate the direct kinematic of the robot. But I will integrate the Bullet library later in my framework because I will need it for simulation. Maybe at this time I will try that... If I find something, I will share my results in this post... Me too, I have try the ragdoll demo with zero mass, but I didn't go father. I think it's the right way to do that, but I'm not sure...

Hope you will find something positive in this direction!

Kévin