pybullet install under miniforge arm64 env is x86_64 instead of arm64

Official Python bindings with a focus on reinforcement learning and robotics.
bluefish_

pybullet install under miniforge arm64 env is x86_64 instead of arm64

Post by bluefish_ »

Hello! I tried to install pybullet in a miniforge conda environment with the following commands:

Code: Select all

conda create --name clean python=3.9
conda activate clean
python -m pip install --upgrade pip
python -m pip install --upgrade pybullet
Everything was installed fine but when I try to use pybullet I get the following error:
(clean) Bluefish_@MacBook-Pro-2 bullet3 % python
Python 3.9.12 (main, Apr 5 2022, 01:52:34)
[Clang 12.0.0 ] :: Anaconda, Inc. on darwin
Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.
>>> import pybullet as p
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
ImportError: dlopen(/Users/Bluefish_/miniforge3/envs/clean/lib/python3.9/site-packages/pybullet.cpython-39-darwin.so, 0x0002): tried: '/Users/Bluefish_/miniforge3/envs/clean/lib/python3.9/site-packages/pybullet.cpython-39-darwin.so' (mach-o file, but is an incompatible architecture (have 'x86_64', need 'arm64e'))
>>> exit()
My mac is m1 and is using https://github.com/conda-forge/miniforg ... X-arm64.sh for the conda environment. Pybullet works well when I use x86_64 python. Has anyone seen this before? Would appreciate any help! Thanks!
bluefish_

Re: pybullet install under miniforge arm64 env is x86_64 instead of arm64

Post by bluefish_ »

Sorry I posted too fast! Changing to python 3.8 resolved the problem and I just noticed that in the setup.py only 2.7 and 3.4-3.8 were mentioned versions.
batini

Re: pybullet install under miniforge arm64 env is x86_64 instead of arm64

Post by batini »

Hi,

I wonder the performance of the simulator. Does it work smoothly on your Mac? When I run the Hello PyBullet World example on the documentation on my Mac M1, the response after I click with my mouse to disturb looks too slow. It isn't the case on Ubuntu. Is it same for you? How can I improve it?