Ragdoll spazzing out

Physics APIs, Physics file formats, Maya, Max, XSI, Cinema 4D, Lightwave, Blender, thinkingParticles™ and other simulation tools, exporters and importers
bugman_2000

Ragdoll spazzing out

Post by bugman_2000 »

Hi,

I posted this message over at BlenderArtists as well, and I apologize if it's inappropriate to post both places. I am really hoping for a good answer, though. I am trying to understand the setup of a good ragdoll in order to document it comprehensively in my upcoming book on physical simulation in Blender, but I've been having a lot of trouble getting the effect to work.

I'm not sure whether I'm doing something wrong here or not. As much as I've tried, I can't get the generic constraints to behave like I think they should. I want a ragdoll with restricted motion in the shoulders, etc, to keep it in a realistic pose. What I have is this, where the ragdoll just has a seizure at some point, and I can't see why. Everything has had scales and angles applied before adding constraints or making them actors, etc.

http://uploader.polorix.net//files/421/ ... doll.blend

In general, how do I know where the zero point and the plus/minus directions are on an axis when using the generic constraints? This may be the problem right here, since at the moment I'm just guessing. Is there any way to visualize this?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks

T