Help with Bullet & Open Scene graph

damos

Help with Bullet & Open Scene graph

Post by damos »

What I'm doing is assigning all of the objects in our osg scene rigid bodies appropriately.

I'm trying to use existing code for a hook on a chain - pendulum model, this code controls the position and rotation of the rigid bodies in Bullet and where they are drawn in osg, they have zero mass and shouldn't be under any effects from bullet.
The loads(boxes to be moved / picked up) in the osg scene are assigned rigid bodies, and osg draws the model based upon the center of mass and orientation which we get from Bullet.

However I'm having problems when the hook and load rigid bodies collide, more specifically when they are on top of each other. They seem to react correctly when the hooks is simply dragging against the side of a box, the box moves in the direction the hook is dragging.
But when the hook is moved above the box and over it, the box "ejects" itself out like the two rigid bodies are inside each other, and after this the hook cannot move over the box without moving it making it look like the box has a infinitely tall rigid body.

I'm not sure how much help anyone can really give me here, but any advice is greatly appreciated.