Building Bullet 2.50b lib and demo with Xcode in OS X 10.4.9

dbolli

Building Bullet 2.50b lib and demo with Xcode in OS X 10.4.9

Post by dbolli »

Hi All,

In case anyone is interested, the following instructions can be used to build the Bullet 2.50b lib and demos using Xcode 2.4.1 under OS X 10.4.9

Bullet-2.50b Library Build Instructions
Launch Xcode
File->New Project->BSD Static Library
Choose bullet-2.50b/xcode/ as Project dir
Add all .h and folders in bullet-2.50b/src/* to Project Source Folder
Add ../src/** ../include/** in Project Info->Header Search Paths (** is result of clicking Recursive check box)
Select ppc and i386 in Project Info->Architectures (i.e. Build as Universal Binary)
Build lib in Xcode by pressing Cmd-B
Copy resulting libbullet.a to bullet-2.50b/lib/

Bullet-2.50b Demo App Build Instructions
Launch Xcode
File->New Project->Carbon Application
Choose bullet-2.50b/Demos/BasicDemo as Project dir
Delete main.c from Project Source Folder (Click "Delete References & Files" button when prompt appears)
Add all .cpp and .h files in bullet-2.50b/Demos/BasicDemo/* to Project Source Folder
Add all .cpp and .h files in bullet-2.50b/Demos/OpenGL/* to Project Source Folder
Add ../../src/** ../../include/** in Project Info->Header Search Paths (** is result of clicking Recursive check box)
Select ppc and i386 in Project Info->Architectures (i.e. Build as Universal Binary)
Add /System/Library/Frameworks/GLUT.framework to External Frameworks and Libraries folder
Add /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework to External Frameworks and Libraries folder
Add bullet-2.50b/lib/libbullet.a to External Frameworks and Libraries folder
Build and Run app in Xcode by pressing Cmd-R

If you would like me to provide Xcode project files to be included in the Bullet distribution, please let me know.

Regards,

Derek Bolli, Head Hacker,
Bolli World HQ Computing Facility,
North Sydney NSW 2060
Sydney, Australia email: dbolli at bigpond dot net dot au (home)
Hamstray

Post by Hamstray »

uhm, what's wrong with simply using cmake? (the way i do it)