[solved] bullet compilation issue

madMAx4

[solved] bullet compilation issue

Post by madMAx4 »

Hi,
when i try to compile bullet with g++-3.4.6 or g++-4.1.1 i get the following errors:

Code: Select all

In file included from /mnt/kk/devel/bullet-2.50b/src/BulletCollision/CollisionDispatch/btCollisionDispatcher.h:25,
                 from /mnt/kk/devel/bullet-2.50b/src/BulletCollision/CollisionDispatch/btCollisionWorld.h:73,
                 from /mnt/kk/devel/bullet-2.50b/src/btBulletCollisionCommon.h:22,
                 from /mnt/kk/devel/bullet-2.50b/src/btBulletDynamicsCommon.h:20,
                 from test04.cpp:6:
/mnt/kk/devel/bullet-2.50b/src/BulletCollision/CollisionDispatch/../../LinearMath/btAlignedObjectArray.h: In member function `void btAlignedObjectArray<T>::destroy(int, int)':
/mnt/kk/devel/bullet-2.50b/src/BulletCollision/CollisionDispatch/../../LinearMath/btAlignedObjectArray.h:58: error: expected class-name before '(' token
/mnt/kk/devel/bullet-2.50b/src/BulletCollision/CollisionDispatch/../../LinearMath/btAlignedObjectArray.h:58: error: `model' was not declared in this scope
/mnt/kk/devel/bullet-2.50b/src/BulletCollision/CollisionDispatch/../../LinearMath/btAlignedObjectArray.h:58: error: expected primary-expression before ')' token
/mnt/kk/devel/bullet-2.50b/src/BulletCollision/CollisionDispatch/../../LinearMath/btAlignedObjectArray.h: In member function `void btAlignedObjectArray<T>::pop_back()':
/mnt/kk/devel/bullet-2.50b/src/BulletCollision/CollisionDispatch/../../LinearMath/btAlignedObjectArray.h:125: error: expected class-name before '(' token
/mnt/kk/devel/bullet-2.50b/src/BulletCollision/CollisionDispatch/../../LinearMath/btAlignedObjectArray.h:125: error: `model' was not declared in this scope
/mnt/kk/devel/bullet-2.50b/src/BulletCollision/CollisionDispatch/../../LinearMath/btAlignedObjectArray.h:125: error: expected primary-expression before ')' token
make: *** [all] Error 1
same with new 2.50b

i used to comment these lines out:

btAlignedObjectArray.h line 58:

m_data[i].~T();
and

btAlignedObjectArray.h line 125:

m_data[m_size].~T();
i think gcc doesn't compete with the syntax.

so is there any other way to do that?
Last edited by madMAx4 on Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Erwin Coumans
Site Admin

Post by Erwin Coumans »

Which platform are you compiling on? What STL version is installed?

Can you report the compiler/STL versions implementation of vector::destroy for your platform?

Also, can you try to replace
m_data.~T();
by
m_data.T::~T();

Does that help?
Thanks,
Erwin
madMAx4

Post by madMAx4 »

thx for your reply,

i'm compiling under gentoo linux with libstdc++ v3.3.4
compiler is as said above gcc-i686-pc-linux-gnu-3.4.6.

i forgot to say that this error only occurs when i include "btBulletDynamicsCommon.h" into my project.
compilation of the library works without any error.
Erwin Coumans
Site Admin

Post by Erwin Coumans »

i forgot to say that this error only occurs when i include "btBulletDynamicsCommon.h" into my project.
compilation of the library works without any error
That is an important detail, so it seems to be a conflict with your source code/other includes.

Can you put the #include "btBulletDynamicsCommon.h" at the very first line of your .cpp source file, and see if that helps? Try to avoid including it in another header file.

Thanks,
Erwin
madMAx4

Post by madMAx4 »

yeah it's working now, thx. i put

#include "btBulletDynamicsCommon.h"
#include "btBulletCollisionCommon.h"
at the top of my .cpp as you said.

at first, these includes were above them:

//irrlicht