Readblend for Blender 2.5?

hymerman

Readblend for Blender 2.5?

Post by hymerman »

I'm looking at writing a command-line tool to grab data from .blend files, and readblend seems to be the only real option at the moment. Before I set off down that path though, I'd like to know, does it support files saved by Blender 2.5?

Thanks!
@ntares

Re: Readblend for Blender 2.5?

Post by @ntares »

Hi, I'm not totally shure but I think you cannot use blend file. The blend files have a lot of attribute which they are not useful for bulletphysics. But you can have the ".bullet" files if you need to specify something outside from the source.
hymerman

Post by hymerman »

I'm just asking about readblend, not Bullet (although eventually I will want to extract physics information from the blend file). I just want access to the geometry, materials and animation, and I'll process them myself, all I want to know is if readblend will work with Blender 2.5 blend files, as I understand there have been some changes.
Erwin Coumans
Site Admin

Post by Erwin Coumans »

readblend can read Blender 2.5 files and extract all/any data. Visit http://gamekit.org forums for more info

Thanks,
Erwin
hymerman

Post by hymerman »

Thanks Erwin, that's all I needed to know :) I'll have a thorough poke around the GameKit code and post any questions on the GameKit forums. FYI, I'm looking to write a Blender to Ogre mesh converter, as an external tool rather than as a Blender plugin.