OpenCL and ATI not working?

Dragonlord

OpenCL and ATI not working?

Post by Dragonlord »

Got the new 2.77 version to see how the OpenCL stuff works. ATI Stream SDK with samples works on my system but Bullet does not seem to use it. Inside the OpenCL marked samples I can run a cmake and get a Makefile but running make nothing happens. Any ideas how to get OpenCL running with the Bullet 2.77 distribution?
Erwin Coumans
Site Admin

Re: OpenCL and ATI not working?

Post by Erwin Coumans »

We tested OpenCL with both AMD and NVidia GPUs on Windows and Mac OSX 10.6 Snow Leopard. It should work out-of-the-box with cmake or the project files.

Some people got it working under Linux with some tweaking of cmake settings, but that is not supported at the moment, so you are on your own with Linux OpenCL for Bullet 2.77.
What operating system are you using?

Thanks,
Erwin
Dragonlord

Post by Dragonlord »

On this machine a GenToo Linux amd64. The libraries are available as are the includes. What kind of check is used to figure out OpenCL support is present? Autocools configure tests for include files or libraries? Which libraries are you testing? These are the files configure should find on a proper Linux system:

Code: Select all

# include files
/usr/include/CL/cl_d3d10.h # optional
/usr/include/CL/cl_ext.h
/usr/include/CL/cl_gl_ext.h
/usr/include/CL/cl_gl.h
/usr/include/CL/cl.h
/usr/include/CL/cl.hpp # optional
/usr/include/CL/cl_platform.h
/usr/include/CL/opencl.h

# library files
/usr/lib/libOpenCL.so
Erwin Coumans
Site Admin

Post by Erwin Coumans »

You might want to try the latest svn trunk and use CMake. There is some detection using CMake under Linux for the NVidia OpenCL SDK, this should be similar to the AMD Stream SDK.

Only the CMake build system is kept up-to-date with latest additions such as OpenCL, autotools just compiles the basic core sdk without OpenCL etc.
Thanks,
Erwin
Dragonlord

Post by Dragonlord »

I build using

Code: Select all

cmake . -G "Unix Makefiles" && make
so I assume this had been already CMake doing the job. Looks then like the build script has a bug under ATI. I'll take a look at the build script if I get the time.