Build issues, current svn

PaulMartz

Build issues, current svn

Post by PaulMartz »

I am building from current svn as of 20:00 UTC, 13 Jan. I ran into two problems with CMake that required correction:

1.Extras/iff/CMakeLists.txt line 11 contains a SUBDIRS command that referenced a non-existing directory. I worked around this by commenting out line 11.

2. Demos/CMakeLists.txt references TerrainDemo, but the TerrainDemo directory doesn't contain a CMakeLists.txt. To workaround this, I removed both references to TerrainDemo from the Demos/CmakeLists.txt file.

This is the first time I've worked with svn head as opposed to a released version, so I'm not sure where to direct build issues to. Let me know if there's a better forum for these reports.

Thanks,
-Paul
PaulMartz

Re: Build issues, current svn

Post by PaulMartz »

It turns out there's a build error as well. This is from VS 8:

Code: Select all

1>------ Build started: Project: HfFluidDemo, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
1>Compiling...
1>btHfFluid.cpp
1>..\..\..\Demos\HeightFieldFluidDemo\BulletHfFluid\btHfFluid.cpp(11) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'Demos/OpenGL/GLDebugDrawer.h': No such file or directory
Note that the file in question does exist, in the directory: C:\Projects\Physics\bullet\Demos\OpenGL. So, I presume this is just an include directory issue in the CMake system.
Erwin Coumans
Site Admin

Post by Erwin Coumans »

Occasionally some of the build-systems are out-of-date in SVN (there are automake, cmake, jam and autogenerated msvc projectfiles)

You suggested fixes have been applied, can you do a SVN update and confirm it is ok now?
http://code.google.com/p/bullet/source/detail?r=1577

Thanks a lot for the report,
Erwin
PaulMartz

Post by PaulMartz »

Thanks, Erwin. I saw your changes when I updated, and I've fired off a rebuild of several projects including BUllet. I'll post results later tonight or in the morning.
PaulMartz

Post by PaulMartz »

Everything built well except the demo "HeightFieldFluidDemo". The CMakeLists.txt still had the old "Lib" prefixes for the Bullet library names (eg, "LibOpenGLSupport.Lib"). I removed the "Lib" prefixes and it built fine; modified CMakeLists.txt attached.

Cheers,