Using bullet on Android

lfrodrigues

Using bullet on Android

Post by lfrodrigues »

Can someone please tell me where to find a demo to using bullet on Android?

Thanks,

Luis
c6burns

Re: Using bullet on Android

Post by c6burns »

Why would that exist? Do you need convincing that it actually runs on android? Because it does.

EDIT: I guess this wasn't a very helpful post so I will add that I have seen people just dump all the files into their android project and build it this way. I did this at first, but in the end I used CMake to cross compile into a static lib to include in my projects.
lfrodrigues

Post by lfrodrigues »

I actually need a place to start. Found some info online but not a demo to understand how it all connects...
c6burns

Post by c6burns »

Ah OK, I assumed the problem for you was getting it built for the platform. How it works is identical from platform to platform ... the only difference being under-the-hood math optimization based on available instructions for your CPU. I have the same physics code in Win/Lin/Mac/Android. That's why I was saying there's no real need for an android specific tutorial.

I think most people using bullet have a renderer already, and they more-or-less know what they want from the library. Maybe if you explain a bit more about what kind of demo/tutorial you are looking for you can get some more specific help?
lfrodrigues

Post by lfrodrigues »

I've found examples in libgdx for android so I'm going to try to use them to start using about Bullet. Thanks!