"Sticky" objects

ejtttje

"Sticky" objects

Post by ejtttje »

We're seeing an issue where objects sometimes stick to our simulated robot. For example, when opening the gripper, the object will cling to one of the fingers a little and be pulled off to the side. Or when pushing an object forward and then backing up, it will pull backward with the robot instead of staying in place.

It doesn't always happen, and seems to happen more when the robot is pulling away at an angle, e.g. it seems to not be breaking a threshold of some sort to remove a contact constraint.

Any suggestions where I should be looking to clean this up? Perhaps some notable parameters to tweak? Thanks!
monkeyman

Re: "Sticky" objects

Post by monkeyman »

i found this behaviour when I ran code within one of the bullet demos which had enabled the continuous collision detection.

after an object collided with a compound shape, it could stick there for a second, then move a bit, then stick again, then continue moving...

check if you have some of the continuous enabled.. i dont remember the function, but you'd know if you have set it up (it's not enabled per default)