btSoftBody SetWindVelocity issues

TheKing

btSoftBody SetWindVelocity issues

Post by TheKing »

Hello,

Im having issues using the SetWindVelocity- function for my softbodys. Say I have a flag-like Patch hanging down,
Fixed on the upper nodes, down the y-axis. I then set
a wind with the velocity btVector3(1.0, 0.0, 0.0). Then I use apply-force. What happens now is the following: the flag waves up in direction of the wind quite rapidly, and then gently lowers down until it is lifted only a little bit and stays in this state without moving. Now the only way to get it movig again is to set the wind to a random number (a lot) greater than the last velocity. Is this a bug or an expected behaviour? I find myself having a hard time getting my falgs to wave in a regular pattern. Any tips? Thanks in advance!
saggita

Re: btSoftBody SetWindVelocity issues

Post by saggita »

Hello THEKING,

Can tell me which Bullet version you are using? The latest one (2.79) has a patch for wind effect and the implementation is different from the previous version.

Also if you can provide me code, I will be happy to try it. Just one thing is that I will only be able to use my computer after coming Wednesday because I am moving.

Thank you.
TheKing

Re: btSoftBody SetWindVelocity issues

Post by TheKing »

Hello,

Thanks for pointing me out the new version of bullet. Didnt check it yet, i'll give it a try as soon as i'm home again (unfortunately this will be
Friday evening at least). I'm going to produce a little demo with source code if the new version wont work for you to check out, too!