stopping simulations, viewer, extra overhead

gm09

stopping simulations, viewer, extra overhead

Post by gm09 »

Hi,

Is there a way to stop a simulation right after it's done running (all the objects come to rest/all the data is done processing)? In other words, I don't want it continuing to run where I have to end it myself by closing the viewer.

Also, is there a way to run a program and have it not open the viewer at all (disable it), as well as not run extra overhead things (such as rendering, etc.)? I am interested in getting the run-time of ONLY my program by itself from start to finish, without any unnecessary/extra things executing before and after.

Thanks in advance :)
xexuxjy

Re: stopping simulations, viewer, extra overhead

Post by xexuxjy »

I think the viewing things you're talking about are just the demo applications? you don't need to use any of that to use bullet in your own system, so don't have any rendering overhead and the like. Main objects you need are :

CollisionWorld
ConstraintSolver
Dispatcher
BroadPhase

In terms of stopping it when it's 'done' , I'm not sure how you'd determine that. Perhaps the easiest is to go through all the rigib bodies in the system and see if they're in a sleeping state, that will probably signify the end of the simulation.