Implementing JBullet into Java Games

Krunchyman

Implementing JBullet into Java Games

Post by Krunchyman »

If any of you ever browse Minecraft forums, you may have heard of me. Right now, I'm trying to program ragdoll physics into Minecraft with a team of about 5 people. I know basic modding and coding, (can program text staments, if statements, throws io.exceptions, e.c.t.) but I'm not familiar with JBullet. Does anyone have any tips? You can PM me at Minecraft forums if you want.
Last edited by Krunchyman on Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Krunchyman

Re: Implementing JBullet into Minecraft

Post by Krunchyman »

Please help? Even if you don't know about Minecraft, I could still use some help implementing this into a general game.
Krunchyman

Re: Implementing JBullet into Java Games

Post by Krunchyman »

Does nobody care?
proof

Post by proof »

Well, this forum isn't really active and the members who are probably don't have experience with JBullet so they can't help you.
I just picked up java and JBullet yesterday and I'm really interested in this too, but it shouldn't differ too much from the C++ bullet, except maybe that there is no bt prefix to all classes and you have to know which packages to import.
Krunchyman

Post by Krunchyman »

proof wrote:Well, this forum isn't really active and the members who are probably don't have experience with JBullet so they can't help you.
I just picked up java and JBullet yesterday and I'm really interested in this too, but it shouldn't differ too much from the C++ bullet, except maybe that there is no bt prefix to all classes and you have to know which packages to import.
That's true.
hinhypolle

Post by hinhypolle »

It looks like the Jbullet is quite interesting about java games. If I got my copy of this tomorrow and I might have to find some tutorial for this to start better. I think it might really same as the c++ bullet as Krunchyman said. And thanks for the clues.
MMazur

Post by MMazur »

Did anyone successfully simulated terrain in JBullet? How may vertices were you able to simulate with satisfying results? What shape did you use? Are there any optimizations i could do? Please, give some code snippet.

Edit: One more question: Is the order in which I add points to ConvexHull shape important? Same points added in different order should make up exactly the same shape, right?

Edit: Ok, I have identified my problem - both ConvexHullShape and BvhTriangleMeshShape appear to be convex ( English is not my primary language and I didn't know what 'convex' meant :p ). So the question is: How do I build concave shapes, any example please?
MMazur

Post by MMazur »

Bah! It took me fucking 5 days of debugging to finally notice that mesh.numTriangles should be actually number of triangles -1.