Overlapping/interpenetrating rigid bodies

cesarv

Overlapping/interpenetrating rigid bodies

Post by cesarv »

I have some btRigidBodies that overlap/interpenetrate when they are initially created (explosion debris effect). When I run my simulation, the overlapping rigid bodies are shaking/jiggling. Are there btRigidBody or btDiscreteDynamicsWorld or ??? methods that control how bullet tries to resolve them? Is there a way to reduce that shaking? Or a setting to make bullet try and separate them them a little 'softer'?

thanks,
cesar
mako90

Re: Overlapping/interpenetrating rigid bodies

Post by mako90 »

Hi,
I suppose, you should try the ConvexDecompositionDemo (you can find it on this forum). What behavior do you expect the overlapping bodies to have?

BR.
cesarv

Post by cesarv »

mako90 wrote:Hi,
I suppose, you should try the ConvexDecompositionDemo (you can find it on this forum). What behavior do you expect the overlapping bodies to have?

BR.
Bullet seems to add forces to overlapping/interpenetrating rigid bodies to push them apart. The more rigid bodies that that overlap, the stronger the force. I don't have a problem with bullet doing that. I would like to be able to scale that force. So if my simulation happens to birth several overlapping rigid bodies, I can control how hard bullet adds forces to push them apart. I don't know where these settings are, or if they exist.

thanks,
cesar
mako90

Post by mako90 »

Hi,
I suppose, you want to make some kind of explosion. Anyway, I would say, that as it's impossible in nature for rigid bodies to overlap, it's not the point the bullet developers are applying their affords.

BR.