Can bullet's collision detection code integrate with OPCODE

jiangwei

Can bullet's collision detection code integrate with OPCODE

Post by jiangwei »

Let bullet collision detection code to handle convex vs convex ,and use OPCODE to handle complex vs complex.Can this objective be achieved?
Erwin Coumans
Site Admin

Post by Erwin Coumans »

Bullet can do convex-convex and convex-complex indeed. No need to use OPCODE for complex-complex, it would be a trivial addition.

However complex-complex is typically avoided in physics simulation, even commercial libraries like Novodex and Havok don't support it. A better solution is to use compounds of convexes versus compounds of convexes. Compounds will be added to Bullet later.

Erwin
jiangwei

Post by jiangwei »

Erwin Coumans wrote: However complex-complex is typically avoided in physics simulation, even commercial libraries like Novodex and Havok don't support it. A better solution is to use compounds of convexes versus compounds of convexes. Compounds will be added to Bullet later.

Erwin
I really want to know how can these commercial libraries to handle cow vs cow ?just use compounds of convexes ?.But i think this method may be imaccuracy and ran into trouble when implement.
Thank you.
Erwin Coumans
Site Admin

Post by Erwin Coumans »

Ageia Novodex/PhysX has PMAP for cow-cow, but their latest documentation tells that this will be obsolete soon.

I would recommend to use convex-convex collision detection and decompose the cow in as few convex pieces as possible.

Erwin