6dof constraint motors?

Wavesonics

6dof constraint motors?

Post by Wavesonics »

I know there are Limit motors for the 6DoF constraint, but I'm not sure if they are the way I should be accomplishing what I want.

You see, I have two objects constrained together on all 6 DoF. But I want to be able to dynamically change the angle at which one is attached to the other as such:

Are the Limit motors the best way to do this? Any ideas?
projectileman

Re: 6dof constraint motors?

Post by projectileman »

Yes. Using the limit motors is the best way for do that.
You must configure the Rotational Limit motor configuration for each axis, and you can access to them with the getRotationalLimitMotor(axis) function.
Then set the necessary parameters for approaching what do you want about this constraint, for example you could set the rotational velocity of the motor on the X axis by changing the m_targetVelocity and the m_maxMotorForce attributes.

However, you must take in consideration a proper rotational limits for 6dof constraints, which specification is described at the line 192 in "btGeneric6DofConstraint.h" file
90-9-9ER

Re: 6dof constraint motors?

Post by 90-9-9ER »

I don't understand this. I've learned you can use Motor force and stuff to move it but is their away to go to an angle around the join like. have a object connected go directly to 45(degrees) from the parent object.? I have a thing where the object needs to go to angles around the parent pretty much instantly like set it to that exact angle... I was just wondering how to do that?