Help installing on Linux

ArmchairArmada

Help installing on Linux

Post by ArmchairArmada »

I know this has been asked before, but following the usual instructions does not seem to be working for me. I used ./configure and jam to compile Bullet, but when I go to link my project the linker says:

btDiscreteDynamicsWorld.cpp:(.text+0x496)||undefined reference to `btSimulationIslandManager::btSimulationIslandManager()'|

Also, are the demos suppose to automatically compile when jam is used? I couldn't find any compiled demos anywhere. At the end of jam's output it says that it failed updating 11 targets and skipped 7 targets. Could this be part of the problem?
ArmchairArmada

Re: Help installing on Linux

Post by ArmchairArmada »

I tried using cmake, and the demos compiled fine, but I'm still getting the same linking error when I try to link my own project. This is a project that worked fine in Windows, but I'm really having difficulties getting it to work in Linux.

Does anybody have any suggestions?
Enrico

Post by Enrico »

Which Bullet-version do you have? Which distribution?
ArmchairArmada

Post by ArmchairArmada »

I downloaded bullet-2.69.tgz from the download page a few days ago, decompressed it, then tried compiling. I did not have any previous versions installed on my system, so it should only be using the files found in that version.
ArmchairArmada

Post by ArmchairArmada »

Well, that was stupid. I guess all I was doing wrong was linking the libraries in the wrong order!
Enrico

Post by Enrico »

ArmchairArmada wrote:btDiscreteDynamicsWorld.cpp:(.text+0x496)||undefined reference to `btSimulationIslandManager::btSimulationIslandManager()'|
You need to link against BulletCollision (libbulletcollision.a).

Also, are the demos suppose to automatically compile when jam is used? I couldn't find any compiled demos anywhere. At the end of jam's output it says that it failed updating 11 targets and skipped 7 targets. Could this be part of the problem?
When you have glut (and appropriate dev-packages) installed, the demos should be compiled automatically. If not, then not.