Java port of Bullet

elect

Re: Java port of Bullet

Post by elect »

So, I have some good news guys

after a couple of years of cuddling my dream to port bullet to java, I discovered in the meanwhile Kotlin and useless to say, it was love at first sight..

fast forward to 3 days ago, after over one year experience with it, I decided to put on test my productivity and efficiency with Kotlin... and now I already have the collision tests up and running!

And it's 100% Java compatible!

I'm convinced it'd have taken almost a week using plain Java (and Netbeans, my first ide, Intellij ftw)..

Addressing the last concerns:

- @immortius, I think that if github was famous at jBullet time, things would have gone differently..
I explicitely created an organization to create a suitable environment to gather multiple efforts and where a community may easily grow

- @deepthought, looking again today, it seems bullet3 is still a prototype.. I have nothing against porting it too, but at the moment bullet2 seems the de-facto library, especially given the requirements..

I'd be really glad if someone could get involved to contribute in any way, pulls (also in java), testing, wiki, etc..

I hope you guys will appreciate, enjoy
elect

Post by elect »

So, unfortunately I didn't have much time to dedicate it.. so things slowed down a bit.. but right now, I ported (almost) everything for running the project App_HelloWorld (branch b)

Right now I'm looking for valuable inputs, I need some very basic test scenarios in order to debug and coverage code and unfortunately bullet doesn't seem offering a lot of (basic) collision tests

Can anyone help me?
elect

Post by elect »

HelloWorld test debugged and complete
proton2

Post by proton2 »

Hello! How I can initialize IndexedMesh - how I can set field vertexBase ByteBuffer type using this library in Java?

In jBullet I can set ByteBuffer variable to field which have type ByteBuffer in class IndexedMesh

ByteBuffer verticesByteBuffer = ByteBuffer.allocate(Float.BYTES * 3 * meshBuffer.getNumVertices());
IndexedMesh indexedMesh = new IndexedMesh();
indexedMesh.vertexBase = verticesByteBuffer;

But in Kotlin realisation field vertexBase have type Integer, not ByteBuffer and this setter is not correct
indexedMesh.setVertexBase(verticesByteBuffer);

How I can set my ByteBuffer to initialize IndexedMesh class?
ohtoai

Post by ohtoai »

Hi,
I am new to jBullet and I am trying to run the demos. But I get the following error:Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: jbullet\jbullet-20101010\lib\lwjgl\win32\lwjgl.dll: Can't load IA 32-bit .dll on a AMD 64-bit platform.
The problem is that I use windows 64bit. Does anyone know how to solve this?
fmorat

Post by fmorat »

First of all Thanks to the creator of Java port of Bullet. It is awesome!

My question is whether there will ever be a port to Java of a newer version of Bullet?
The current version of JBullet is 2.72 but the current version of Bullet is 3.24

Thanks!

Felipe