Assertion in btSimulationIslandManagerMt::getIsland

teolazza

Assertion in btSimulationIslandManagerMt::getIsland

Post by teolazza »

Hi,
quite rarely (once per day) I get the error in figure. Up to now it happened only when working in release (in debug my software is too slow to be used).
It could be that it started to appear since I'm using kinematic objects

Code: Select all

>	btSimulationIslandManagerMt::addManifoldsToIslands(btDispatcher * 0x00000222ad7330e0) Line 441	C++
 	btSimulationIslandManagerMt::buildAndProcessIslands(btDispatcher * 0x00000222ad7330e0, btCollisionWorld * 0x00000222ad7432d0, btAlignedObjectArray<btTypedConstraint *> & {...}, const btSimulationIslandManagerMt::SolverParams & {...}) Line 683	C++
 	btDiscreteDynamicsWorldMt::solveConstraints(btContactSolverInfo & {...}) Line 189	C++
 	btDiscreteDynamicsWorld::internalSingleStepSimulation(float) Line 486	C++
 	btDiscreteDynamicsWorld::stepSimulation(float, int 2, float) Line 435	C++
 	btDiscreteDynamicsWorldMt::stepSimulation(float, int, float) Line 257	C++
island.png
island.png (109.79 KiB) Viewed 4245 times
Any ideas?
teolazza

Re: Assertion in btSimulationIslandManagerMt::getIsland

Post by teolazza »

I think that I can have connections with both the problems of the post Bullet3MT crash here viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13038, but even more with this post: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=10232&p=40365&hilit ... and#p40365

As a matter of fact I have kinematic object, defined as bodies with infinite mass. But I'm filtering collisions so that none of them collides with any other object... still looking for a solution
Killpippo

Re: Assertion in btSimulationIslandManagerMt::getIsland

Post by Killpippo »

Not sure if it helps, but I had similar issue while adding rigidbodies or performing setOrigin on separated threads than the one where simulation runs.
Once ensured these operations are enqueued and processed on same simulation thread, I hadn't any further crash