Rolling Friction Curved Trajectory fix (btRigidBody) - Help Needed

EliasNemer

Rolling Friction Curved Trajectory fix (btRigidBody) - Help Needed

Post by EliasNemer »

hello,

i am currently at a loss at how to fix rolling friction curved trajectory bug, with the bullet physics library.

ive been over this issue several times and still dont have a solution, if anyone who know the inner workings help with this it would be a very big help, i have found no other library to give me better deterministic results, and offline simulation..

the correction for the btMultiBody is at this link: https://github.com/bulletphysics/bullet ... a8641b825f

i have tried to mirror the corrections into the script titled: btSequentialImpulseConstraintSolver.cpp so that i may have similar results and fix the curved trajectory issue, but this is where i am at a loss.. in this script, there is no: SpinningFriction, torsionalFriction, addSpinningFrictionConstraint, addTorsionalFrictionConstraint, Etc.. so pattern matching the code seems impossible..

it seems that the solution may be easier in btRigidBody since spinning friction does not exist. the solution lies with rolling friction.. possibly?

can someone please help me, understand what is going on in this script which is causing the curved trajectory due to rolling friction?