About tetra Mesh generate

Please don't post Bullet support questions here, use the above forums instead.
fishboy82

About tetra Mesh generate

Post by fishboy82 »

Hi:
I have notice that bullet use tetgen as the volume mesh generator as suggested by Dirk. I have also tested this library but I find it is not appropriate for game physics. Because this Algo is Boundary constrainted this means given a fine surface mesh this libary cannot generate a coarse volume mesh, So this make the volume mesh's resolution's independence of the surface mesh's resolution impossible. Besides ,this algo is not very robust, for example when there is 2 face of the surface mesh overlapped this algo will exit with nothing and make the user confusing.
I have test the algo as described in <<Tetrahedral Mesh Generation for Deformable Bodies>> which is very easy to implement and very fast and very robust. And this Algo can make the resolution of tetrahedron mesh independent of the surface mesh. Here is the image generate by thie algo. The first 3 picture is the 3 resolution of a lion mesh(from fine->coarse). the last is the cut plane of the tetra mesh.
I think this algo of generate volume mesh is much appropriate for game physics than tetgen,and Bullet can also take a look at this algo .
tetras.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.